No announcement yet.

New version of Voile TTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought extant Voile TTS. Do I return and wait for the new ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Quadzilla View Post

I've been on Dynafit toes for a long time mainly Speed Radicals and have booted out of the toes climbing uphill with toes locked out. So, they can and sometimes do come undone. For me it always was climbing on icy skin tracks and have a ski lose traction and dramatically slide back forcing knee to rapidly drop forward and jacking boot out of toe.

It's this. Can happen with almost any pin toe if the boot rotates far enough forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Pherick View Post

I have two sets of the current Voile TTS, and 2 sets of self-assembled TTS.

The current Voile setup seems more fool-proof and failsafe than the DIY setups. Not to say the Voile's can't be improved, but I'm not sure the planned improvements will be enough to get me to replace the ones I have.

Comment

Got the new beta Voile TTS. Lookin' sweet. Back in black. Should have some time on them to report by March.

Hint: Toe hole pattern is 30 X 26.5
          Last edited by Dostie; 25 January 2023, 07:29 AM.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Originally posted by Pherick View Post
            If you can/they will...Yes.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Originally posted by Dostie View Post
              Ah, so they're using leftover OMG toepieces (haha, the horrors!). I would have expected ATK, since BD OEMs their AT rigs, but Plum makes nice stuff too.

Comment

Dynafit and Plum uses that pattern. ATK, Kreuz and Ski trab uses 30*27mm

Comment

Originally posted by Dostie View Post
                  Got the new beta Voile TTS. Lookin' sweet. Back in black. Should have some time on them to report by March.

Pics, pretty please!

Comment

Admittedly I don’t pay as much attention to the DIY TTS or the OEM versions. But I was wondering if the new Voile toe unit would have a “releasable” function, even if not TUV certified? Apologies if this has been discussed somewhere else in the forum.

Comment

I ski with the toe unlocked(ski mode) on the up and down. Have released a time or two on the up, never on the down. When the heel cables are attached, release is questionable(Using the proto Voile tts with 10-15 or so days).
                      https://www.instagram.com/wowasatch/

Comment

Originally posted by SPQR View Post
                        Admittedly I don’t pay as much attention to the DIY TTS or the OEM versions. But I was wondering if the new Voile toe unit would have a “releasable” function, even if not TUV certified? Apologies if this has been discussed somewhere else in the forum.
                        I think Dosite's hint means that the toe is either a Dynafit Speed Turn toe or a Plum toe (probably the former), so not DIN certified but potentially releasable in the unlocked position.

Comment

Originally posted by dschane View Post
                          I think Dosite's hint means that the toe is either a Dynafit Speed Turn toe or a Plum toe (probably the former)
                          I think Dynafit has completely abandoned that hole pattern. The newer Speed Turn is 30x39.

Comment

Originally posted by muffin View Post
                            I think Dynafit has completely abandoned that hole pattern. The newer Speed Turn is 30x39.
                            Correct. Skimo's Hole Pattern Recognition webpage refers to that as Speed Turn 2.0. So maybe Voile went with Plum, Turn 1.0 (if they still exist), Dostie copied the wrong dimensions in his hint, or he's just f'cking with us.

Regardless, IMO, the main issue with Voile's first round of a TTS binding was the manual closing toe piece. The spring step-in ones seem far easier to engage (and can release), so Voile TTS 2.0 may be the cat's meow of TTS bindings.

Comment

If the Type1 toe is replaced by a Dynafit type, does this just make it another TTS? Shame, good to have something different. Mind you you can still buy the type1toe as sold for splitboarders and add heel springs
                              The type1 toe is an agricultural version of the Grizzly, which appears to works in Skimo, so once got the knack the entry / exit must be ok.
                              Last edited by telemarkmark; Yesterday, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by telemarkmark View Post
                                If the Home toe is replaced by a Dynafit type, does this just make it another TTS? Shame, good to have something different. Mind you you can still buy the Home toe as sold for splitboarders and add heel springs
                                THE Home toe is an agricultural version of the Grizzly, which appears to works in Skimo, so once got the knack the entry / exit must be ok.

Where did you intend for those hyperlinks to go?

Comment

Working...
                                X