Burgers & Fries -Lynx Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgers & Fries -Lynx Mod

As some of you may know the Lynx can feel a bit too stiff for folks coming from 75mm. I wanted to have my Lynx feel more like my Switchback, but with the beta soft plates I’ve been testing I wanted even softer. Grab your Burger and Fries!

Carpet testing the burger mod, my Lynx feels about 40% softer then the beta flex plates and feels very similar flexing to my Switchback. I have not skied this yet but so far the flex feels fantastic!

Having a softer feeling Lynx will be crucial for lighter skiers especially if Scarpa ever comes out with a 3 or 2 buckle tour friendly NTN boot. I’m sure there are smarter folks on here that can do a better home mod, but this is a good start!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

FKNA that is genius!

Comment

Time to throw it in the freezer for a few hours to see how it holds up to the cold. We know it's safe to 425f. 😂

Comment

Good idea Grant. Ha.

I’m sure the plastic will hold up. The burger mod is a fairly thick and flexible plastic.

Comment

Ha, agree with genius comment.

Comment

If it's impregnated with enough burger grease, icing problems should go away too. Strong work.

Comment

Somewhere an AT skier is laughing!

Comment

Does the pancake bunny know about this?

Comment

I challenge someone to also give this a try for those who prefer a softer flex.

Gonna test this weekend!

Comment

I love this community. In a world where a megalomaniac can launch a vicious attack on an adjacent country, politicians lose the art of making a deal and fomo makes so many people feel inadequate, somebody finds a new use for a humble kitchen utensil to improve their life. Is this a metaphor?

Comment

what's left of the spatula?

Comment

Originally posted by telenerd View Post
                        Gonna test this weekend!
                        Best wishes.

Send a picture of the burger.

Comment

I assume OP is mounting his bindings on a pair of Volant Spatula skis.

Comment

Rename this the thread of awesome. So how many flexes are in a whopper flopper is my question. Also tell us what you were doing when you got the inspiration. Was it when you slipped on the edge of the toilet while hanging a clock? Genius!

Comment

Didn't get a chance to test the burger mod this weekend. The winds were blowing 50mphs with poor visibility Saturday and met up with some friends on Sunday.

By the way the idea came to me when fiddling with the new beta plates and cooking an hamburger. I thought, man those new flex plates are sure stiff and not much better then the stock plates. Why not have something other then fiberglass to provide a soft flex? The stars aligned and told my self, oh hell this burger flipper might work, where is my hack saw?

Key note, not all burger flippers are created equal for the plastic. I ended up snapping the plastic after a few flexes in Lynx. Tried another more flexible burger flipper and bam that worked out perfect.

Finding a soft flexible plastic that doesn't break after numerous flexing will be ideal. Maybe a car mud flap might be the golden ticket?

Comment

Working...
                              X