TR: Mt. Audubon via Crooked Couloir, Indian Peaks, 06/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR: Mt. Audubon via Crooked Couloir, Indian Peaks, 06/17

I was pretty sure my ski season was all wrapped up for the year, but was lured out yesterday for a late season ski of Crooked Couloir on Mt. Audubon in Indian Peaks Wilderness. A long day out, as the winter gate to Brainard Lake is still closed, and little in the way of skinning up the mountain's wind hammered, but the line itself was in great shape. About 1600', a good bit of it over 40 degrees, popping out at spectacular Blue Lake below Mts. Toll, Paiute, Audubon. Hard and edgeable up top, perfect corn below. As per usual, a few more photos and details on the blahg.

Click image for larger version

Name:	crooked1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	89397

Name:	crooked3.jpg
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	89400

Name:	crooked6.jpg
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	89398

Name:	crooked7.jpg
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	89399

A classic line. Nice work!

Comment

Very nice. i thought about going out today but my Achilles is throwing a fit from all the crampon climbing I have been doing so I am probably done for this spring. I bet the winds were a bit on the strong side up there today.

Comment

Skiing in mid-June, sure looks a fine madness. Thanks!
        Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Thanks for the report. Crooked usually melts earlier than other lines in the area, so it's good to see it in shape still. It looks like you went up near the summer trail on Audubon and over the top to Crooked. Did you happen to check out the conditions on the Cony Couloirs on the north side of the peak?

Comment

Working...
          X