Bacon and Grilled Cheese sandwich, 21-22 New England ski thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon and Grilled Cheese sandwich, 21-22 New England ski thread

Some pics. I haven't been skiing in the backcountry yet, just not enough snow IMHO. But we have had small storms, and Jay Peak just opened more resort terrain, The Bonnie chair yesterday. Some pictures.
    Friends skinned up Vermonter today and found up to 12 inches new snow. I skied resort tele last few days.
    Forbidden terrain above this rise (posted closed) Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20211209_101131.jpg Views:	6 Size:	614.6 KB ID:	111985
    Untracked run, The Office below. Ski it, lose your pass. Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20211209_100511.jpg Views:	6 Size:	989.6 KB ID:	111986

More pictures to come. Grant, others add some stoke !
    Last edited by chamonix; 9 December 2021, 04:58 PM.

Originally posted by chamonix View Post
    Grant, others add some stoke !
    Yeah Grant. We need some thickets and yoga pants!

Comment

I raced at the Jay Peak Ultra fest this past summer. that is some rugged terrain up there. looks nice with snow.

if the resorts in PA don't open by Christmas, I'll be headed to Middlebury, Vermont for a few weeks. the Snowbowl has a couple of runs open now. it won't be epic skiing, but will be perfectly suitable for race training. they have an Uphill season pass for only $50.

Comment

Originally posted by aqua toque View Post

Yeah Grant. We need some thickets and yoga pants!
        Has the forum gotten even worse for uploading photos? I'm having a hell of a time on both my phone and my iMac.

Here's one from my first day of earning turns. Closed slopes at Smuggs, but it was a pow day!
        Attached Files

Comment

I did get some kick and glide on the closed Notch Rd so I guess that counts as 'bc'.
          Attached Files

Comment

Even one from inbounds.

Tomorrow's [email protected]!n is going to send everything pear-shaped.
            Attached Files

Comment

Mother Nature is not cooperating with early season BC so i’m the meantime I might as well get my legs in shape.

The roof of Vermont melted down to strips from last Friday’s heatwave. The natural snow trials are now only dappled with snow.
              Attached Files

Comment

The hiking in Vermont is currently excellent!

Comment

Damn, we're going to be east for xmas and New Year's, so my fingers are crossed that the big dumps are coming . . .

Comment

well the resorts in PA are not open yet and this week is looking warm. I'm looking at the 10 day forecast for central Vermont and the temps look cold enough to make snow, and I see a couple of days forecast for natural snow. my plan at the moment is to head for Middlebury, VT no later than the 27th. before I head up, I'll check to make sure the Middlebury College Snowbowl will have a couple of runs open for uphill. its not going to be epic, but I need to get on snow asap. first race is at Magic on Jan 8, then Berkshire East on the 15th, Sunday River on the 22nd and Burke on the 29th. my plan is basically to spend the month of Jan in Middlebury Vermont as my basecamp and hit all of these races. I'm lucky in that I was born and raised in Middlebury and my parents still live there. I won't be doing any backcountry, but I'll post my whereabouts if anyone wants to join me for some training laps....yeah I know that may sound boring to some, but its my plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Eastman View Post
                      The hiking in Vermont is currently excellent!
                      Same in the ADKs. Fine kite flying weather as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dschane View Post
                        Damn, we're going to be east for xmas and New Year's, so my fingers are crossed that the big dumps are coming . . .
                        Give a shout when you are in town this year. I still owe you.

Comment

forecast for Vermont is calling for 6-10" in the mountains this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by bauerb View Post
                            forecast for Vermont is calling for 6-10" in the mountains this weekend...
                            Fingers crossed since we lost a lot more snow yesterday. I was back on the same two ribbons today for a few hours, just trying to get in shape for when the real snowfall happens.

Comment

I plan to head to VT on the 27th. I need to get some laps in at a resort before racing starts on Jan 8th. I really need to get some snow time with the new gear. I'm a bit concerned that with limited trails open, resorts won't be allowing any uphill travel. anyone know if any VT resorts will be allowing uphill within the next 10 days or so? I'll be based in Middlebury, but can travel if I find a resort allowing uphill. my hope is that the Middlebury College snowbowl will allow it, at least I weekdays, but I don't know yet.

my local resort in PA just announced its opening on Dec 22. they do not have an uphill policy, but do require a full ski ticket to go uphill. I will need to find out if they are allowing uphill with limited trails open. this would be by most convenient option since I live 5 mins from the base lodge.
                              Last edited by bauerb; 20 December 2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X