No announcement yet.

Spring 2021 - are you here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This day beat me up. Old chez' back is killing him and new chez had to step in and say that's enough for this season. Nobody likes that guy but what can old chez do when new chez is right?

Comment

Strong work. Pivoting to climb an unexpected 1600 feet is a mind f'ck in any condition or time of year.

Comment

Try NEW Chez Corned Tern Snacks at your next tele-binding-mounting-video-party!

They're big in Japan!

Comment

@Chez - that second photo with the background is really nice. On another note, is that a 22Designs leash, connected to buckle or the leash loop on your TX Pros? Reason I’m asking is I had a season ending injury this past season on Lynx bindings when I had a prerelease on my left ski in the middle of a turn. My left ski shot out ahead of me, crossed tips with my right ski and over the falls I went injuring my right ankle. 3 1/2 months later I’m finally back to normal. So pretty unhappy with my Lynx binding, but was also thinking that if my leash had been shorter my ski wouldn’t have shot forward as much and I wouldn’t have crossed the dreaded tips. So evaluating something that happened in the blink of an eye in hind sight, no more Lynx for me and probably going back to shorter leashes.

Comment

Pretty sure it's either a G3 or Dynafit leash connected to a split key ring on the leash loop on the buckle. I use the key ring because it will break away in a bad fall or in an avalanche. I don't have any pre-release problems with my Lynx. Any time they have pre-released on me it was because I didn't have enough pre-load from spacers. For what it's worth, I use all the spacers so two spacers on every spring. I even made extra spacers from some 10 mm pvc. The connection is solid and I love the way Lynx ski.
            Last edited by cesare; 30 June 2021, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Yup I was using all the spacers, I guess the springs just stretched out and the claw released. Still annoying though that the tech toe released so easily too. Now I understand why Meidjo’s beefed up their tech toe tension. I never had this issue with any of my Meidjo’s V2.0 and V2.1 duck butts or tech toe. Whatever, time to move on.

Comment

Nothing like beta testing to work the bugs out...

... telemark has always prided itself on this...🙄

Comment

Great pics, c.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	drifter.jpg Views:	1 Size:	234.7 KB ID:	110325

Dang, spring ended a couple years ago round these parts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PeytoBeforeAfter.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	110326
                    Last edited by aqua toque; 1 July 2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Holy mother of melt Aqua Toque! I can only imagine how the Coast Range is faring...

Comment

Jeezum crow!

Comment

I live in Vermont and I support the above comment!

Comment

Cesare I see Olympics are not allowing spectators due to Covid. Have you been able to get vaccinated yet? Seems like Japan really slow in getting people vaccinated.

Comment

SPQR, very slow but it's picking up. They are going in reverse order of age. Since I am in the second oldest age category, 65-74, I am lucky. My second shot is Monday. My wife's first shot is on the 20th. But the latest news is Japan has run out of Pfizer. I don't know why. Were they mishandled? There needs to be an investigation. But meanwhile, the delta variant is here, especially in Tokyo. So Tokyo and most of the other cities that have venues will have no spectators. No word yet on Sapporo, where we live and where the Marathon and Race Walking will be, along with Soccer matches. It would suck if the Olympics end up bringing super-spreader events here even though the Marathon passes a block from our home. The government here has botched COVID in many ways. The only reason our case and death rates are so low is the discipline and good common sense of the Japanese people.

Check that: Breaking News is that Sapporo events will have spectators. I have to wonder if it is because Sapporo is trying to get the 2030 Winter Olympic Games and the JOC and Sapporo organizers want to paint Sapporo in a favorable light by making a successful hosting of the Marathons, Race Walking, and Soccer matches. I can tell you that they are re-paving the roads that the Marathon course takes. Nice for my neighborhood. And they are working hard to keep an already very clean city even cleaner than usual with people out picking up every shred of trash from the river greenway, even thought he course only crosses the river and does not follow it on the beautiful paths that parallel the river. They are just too narrow for that many runners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fD+DR%JLS+C1Num4JC7CmA.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	110332
                              Last edited by cesare; 9 July 2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

The Delta variant is here too. It now accounts for a majority of new cases. The TrumpTrash® are gonna screw us all (again) - Counties that went for the Orange Phallus have vaccination rates far lower than those that went for the Normal Human Being. Until we hit herd immunity our health and economy are at risk from the Insurrectionists.

Comment

Working...
                                X