Picking The Right EYT Powder Ski/Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
    Dostie, when you weigh more than 200lbs, you'll need a little floatation...
    IF my friend, not when.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

For powder days in the bc, I have Voile Drifters and Volkl Nunataqs. Both with Switchbacks. Both ski great, but ski very differently. Drifters are the choice if it's crazy deep, Nunataqs if it's just deep. Or I might take one or the other out just because they have such different personalities, and that's what I want that day. Fun to have choices.

Comment

I've been very pleased with my Voile Vectors (not the "BC" model which has fishscales). 96 underfoot, light, tip rocker, inexpensive, US made. When you add up the weight of the ski, skins, and amount of snow on top of the skis when skinning, not going superwide is a good idea imho for a bc-dedicated ski.
        Reluctant enthusiast, part-time crusader, half-hearted fanatic

Comment

Originally posted by Quadzilla View Post
          how does one pick a great setup that owns the up and skis the down similar to a resort ski
          there are attributes to my much loved resort boards that i don't feel are necessary for my touring boards, primarily, dampness.

Comment

Originally posted by thornton View Post
            there are attributes to my much loved resort boards that i don't feel are necessary for my touring boards, primarily, dampness.
            That's true, dampness is usually associated with weigh, not a good thing in a touring ski. So, choose the ski for the snow you ski, not the snow you want to ski. For me first the ski needs to be light enough to be fun climbing, second that ski needs to be able to ski various forms of crust and heavier snow. Last needs to have enough float to ski unconsolidated snow base. What ski is this? I haven't found the holy grail yet for me, My BD Justice is OK at this for a touring ski. I am sure I could find better skis than these if I wanted to eat a weight penalty.

Those G3's look nice!! Why do they have to be black.......
            "Just say no to groomed snow"

Comment

A bit shorter than recommended helps when billy-goating up and around steep terrain features and bushwhacking plus a few ounces less in weight. I ski a 175ish for 5-8/160. 1/2 rocker tip and tail twin tips @ 130/100/130 is pretty neat. I like the BD Convert as a good choice as I upgrade from my 2nd pair of BD Drifts to some carbon. Works fine for this tele skier who has no desire to fit in dynas just because everyone else wants to clone the BC. Really?

Comment

"Clone"? don't you mean "Own"
                "Just say no to groomed snow"

Comment

It's all good with skins, but please AT skiers, stop spooning tracks!

Comment

Comment

^^^ Awesome tracks. Excellent rebuttal.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Originally posted by DDDallas View Post

Where's that LIKE button when you need it.

Comment

That is sooooo…….cute? Looks like a billboard for AT. I would so love to mess that up with 2 laps of freewheel tele turbo's. We banned this type of avant-garde snow art in the 80's in AK. This is exactly what's wrong with America today….no ingenuity, just locked heels and closed minds.

Comment

That looks exhausting.
                            Originally posted by DDDallas View Post

Lift served and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheel View Post
                              That looks exhausting.
                              really? I find skiing in perfect powder pretty effortless ;-)
                              Reluctant enthusiast, part-time crusader, half-hearted fanatic

Comment

Working...
                              X