World Telemark Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Telemark Day

Is this a thing where you ski? Are there sleeper cells going to activate Saturday?

https://www.freeheellife.com/blogs/t...-day-march-6th

Last year I found it by accident, by visiting a ski area I'd never been to before. There were far too many bellowed ski boots per capita, but I didn't realize why until I made it home.

^ ^ ^

'tis definintely a thing where you telemark ski. Many resorts require some sort of nanny state pass, either parking or a permission slip. The policy for no-shows tends to encourage those who can't make it to cancel last minute. Check the night before or morning of for openings so you get out there and #spreadtelemark. Telemarkers may be required to show evidence of negative test results for a locked heel.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

A local outdoor shop hosted WTD at a local resort last year, but I haven't heard about any offering this year. Even annual tele-fests have been scaled back this year due to C19, so it's no surprise this doesn't have the traction it may have during 'normal' times.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	63A250EB-1A84-4427-954C-F8D57285C33A.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	108939

Comment

I wanted to celebrate the most important holiday of the year with the tribe, but since there was not an officially organized event; I grabbed a friend and rolled down to Alta.

The night prior, I made a quick stop at Freeheel Life with Taylor Johnson aka Teletay manning the ship:

Name:	PXL_20210306_005602334.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	108968

Always on the bleeding edge, I was able to pick a pair of SkyHoys just before they sold out for the season. I think these things are going to ski much better than my Riva IIs.

Name:	PXL_20210306_005529049.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	108970

On the big day, we were enjoying a sunny day at Alta when I skied into a lift line absolutely overflowing with freeheelers. Being an insufferable dork, I quickly asked my friend to snap a pic of me and the dozens of telemarkers ahead:

Name:	IMG_6238.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	108971
          Just happened to be my good fortune that Josh Madsen (green coat, my pole covering his face) and Teletay (black sweater on left) were just ahead in line.

Good times were had hanging with Josh and the rest of the Freeheel Life family:

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	108972

Not only do Josh, Teletay, and the rest of the family rip, they are super friendly, fun people. And for the first time I can remember, I was far and away the oldest pinhead there, the average age was probably mid 20s. Good times were had, so happy I made the trek, spreadtelemark and all of that.
          Attached Files

Comment

Great pics.
            Everyone is on TX Comps and Outlaws too. My favorite resort setup..

Comment

I got after it.....quack, quack...quacking for 40yrs.Click image for larger version  Name:	158703786_1317642881969590_8750322428756264796_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	108992

Comment

A short video clip from a friend, for World Telemark Day.
                Watch it full screen !

Comment

Working...
                X