Blah, blah, blah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blah, blah, blah

I know probably some of you here read my rambling about bindings and techniques and it makes your eyes glaze over quickly. Those topics are pretty far out there on the tele-geek index, so that's expected to some degree.

As is ritual in Washington state, the power transmission lines go through the mountains where they are the most exposed to windstorms and severe weather events, and access for maintenance or repair is most difficult. If they ran parallel to the highway it would be way to easy to service. It just would!

So does any good come out of this 4 days without power?

A: Yeah, I have no televised sports to obsess over so I read instead. I'm going cover to cover reading Backcountry Magazine's "Deep Winter Issue" #137 . It's so different than the normal glossy ski Magazine tales of the extreme/huckfest death defying spectaculars which I've come to expect, that I was surprised as each article drew me in with wisdom and relatable content.

If you don't have subscription and you can tear yourself away from college basketball which is riveting (at least for me), Backcountry Magazine is about us. I find myself reading and laughing at something funny or thinking that the lessons learned in the articles were important ones for backcountry skiers.

Worth every penny...
    Last edited by tele.skier; 14 January 2021, 09:59 AM.
    the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

tele.skier, look, I agree that some people rely too much on binding activity. But that doesn't mean that heel throw bindings like TTS necessarily promote worse technique than underfoot NTN. As jasonq's force curves show, it is possible to setup a TTS binding to provide similar torque curves as a function of the angle betw....

Wait a second. You posted about something totally different! :-)

Comment

The only sport on TV here now is Sumo. I used to like it but it has become corrupted by gambling and has no great and charismatic Yokozunas like in previous eras. I would watch old footage of the greats but we don't even have TV. And that doesn't stop the NHK collection guy from harassing us for our TV tax.

Comment

Originally posted by xmatt View Post
        tele.skier, look, I agree that some people rely too much on binding activity. But that doesn't mean that heel throw bindings like TTS necessarily promote worse technique than underfoot NTN. As jasonq's force curves show, it is possible to setup a TTS binding to provide similar torque curves as a function of the angle betw....

Wait a second. You posted about something totally different! :-)
        Well played!
        the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Got it!

Thanks for recommending. The library needed some new material.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3411.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	805.0 KB
ID:	106776

Some of those contributors have been around FOREVER!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X