Spring Skiing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Skiing?

I like spring skiing. We've got two multi-day tours in the hopper. But weather and avy continues to wreak havoc on plans.

Let's see your spring skiing antics...

-----------------------------------

That said, I like mid-winter pow over Easter break - 23cm and more coming down tonight.

More time to break in the NTN setup and look for faceshots.

April 18 and 19:

Yup... 100m from the chair:

Cold off the Peak:

Whistler bowl:

Left Hook:

8 year old half burial:

t-bar laps were solid, even at 1:00 today:

Wut? It's the 20th?

Back Bowl:

Comment

Me Too!!!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	10250119_10202655932833786_6694059254610136103_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	81608
      (Skiing with the first Tele instructor to teach @Mt Spokane..Taught at 49 too..Great
      guy ; I call him Double Pole Dan .. He reverts to an occasional DPP
      in the soft bumps..Then he apologizes! Laughed my head off..Snow was
      so soft in the sun..He had his new NTN setup..We did a series of exercises for fun; guess
      teachers never stop teaching ?? )

Name:	1656348_10202647711748264_5090946155409767244_n.jpg
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	81609

Name:	10262103_10202647714548334_3222389068230255795_n.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	81610

Name:	10269506_10202647709868217_6676379664651145728_n.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	81611

Great snow at Silver yesterday! There were 4-5 inches of nice fresh from earlier in the week.Looked for you TD..
      Hard to see the traverse trail here..Love the cornices above..

A glimpse of the Cabs..

Name:	10246802_10202690697462880_8468430229053816661_n.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	81612

The sun was great..got sticky around 10 on the East side but the N aspects held well
      (at least up high) into the afternoon..Crayoned in some more "Summer Slush" after
      chugging a couple PBR's ( ) about 1.. Behind me a very nice young couple were also waxing
      with some Swix F4 Universal..They happend to be skiing Fheel, so we did a few runs together..
      New to the area (from Utah) they are amazed at the low cost of skiing around here!

Name:	184765_1734771583403_5616517_n.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	81613

Edited to ask: Does early spring count too?
      (Hi Crowban ! Sorry, no time for a tripod..Too busy
      skiing..BUT ANY ski photo beats none!! Come ski with us bro!)

Name:	556012_10202294484317799_995228270_n.jpg
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	81614
      Last edited by DonnyBilkinson2; 20 April 2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

We had about 3-4 inches of dry powder at Jay Peak on Wednesday. Cold at 16 F on the mountain first thing.. Creamy layer until it got skied out a bit, then you hit some "coral" underneath. No pictures I am afraid. Maybe take some today. Still lots of coverage.

I prefer the dry powder snow to spring slush. Nice pics WH.

Comment

Jesus Christ Ron. You spend 3 months banned and talking **** about this forum and now you want to be part of it again? I thought you were banned for good. It's really a disappointment to see your bad advise, your bad photos, and your bad technique around here again. Everything is about you, right Ron? Go away.

Comment

Hey whitehonkey, great photos! Might be a late-starting summer up in your neck of the woods.

Comment

Damn WH that looks awesome! We keep having bad weather when I can ski and great days when I'm working. Hopefully it will align soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Crowbar View Post
                Jesus Christ Ron. You spend 3 months banned and talking **** about this forum and now you want to be part of it again? I thought you were banned for good. It's really a disappointment to see your bad advise, your bad photos, and your bad technique around here again. Everything is about you, right Ron? Go away.
                He's Raventele on the other site, which he has really trashed.. I feel sorry for Lovejohnny (or whatever his name is) who tried to revive the old Telemark Tips.
                Last edited by chamonix; 20 April 2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Johnny has done his share of bashing this site and members also.
                  Originally posted by chamonix View Post
                  He's Raventele on the other site, which he has really trashed.. I feel sorry for Lovejohnny (or whatever his name is) who tried to revive the old Telemark Tips.
                  Lift served and proud of it.

Comment

Not had a single "spring" day yet this season. Was going to this weekend, but life got in the way.

Comment

It's hard to tell where Winter ends and Spring begins, it was a great coastal pow day at Lake Louise yesterday. No pics but I do have a goggle tan.

Comment

Here's the link to one of my Spring skiing adventures. No new snow, but it was fun anyway!

http://vimeo.com/92375406

Comment

I love Andromeda and the 7th Heaven chutes back down to the chair (although they are short). I really have to get back to Seattle next winter and convince my buds to take a week long trip to visit all the western/central WA resorts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheel View Post
                            Johnny has done his share of bashing this site and members also.
                            To be fair, I really haven't seen where Johnny has specifically bashed this site or particular members. He does like to lampoon and make fun of parts of the ski culture, for sure.

Also, Johnny does gently confront some of the more outrageous bashing from Voldemort....
                            Last edited by BillyFromTheHills; 21 April 2014, 12:15 PM.
                            Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulMan View Post
                              Here's the link to one of my Spring skiing adventures. No new snow, but it was fun anyway!
                              I <3 Stevens and Liberty Helixes - nice combo. Thanks for posting, looks fun to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X