No announcement yet.

22D spy shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retractable brakes would bring the binding to 1979 in alpine years. Sign me up.

Comment

My guess is an outlaw without tour mode and retractable brakes. Lets face it, for resort laps the leash is a pain and tour mode isn't needed. I think the Vice outsells the AXL in 75mm platform. In my quiver there are several skis that I have no desire to skin on.

Comment

Originally posted by TeleSteve View Post
        My guess is an outlaw without tour mode and retractable brakes. Lets face it, for resort laps the leash is a pain and tour mode isn't needed. I think the Vice outsells the AXL in 75mm platform. In my quiver there are several skis that I have no desire to skin on.
        Maybe they will call the binding the Outcast or Rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by telenerd View Post
          Maybe it’s for the outlaw without free pivot. So downhillers ntn crowd can get a lighter binding. Kinda like the Vice.
          Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by TeleSteve View Post
            Yup, this makes the most sense. It doesn't need to be made any lighter, but simpler and more durable, with fewer moving parts and fewer places to collect ice.

"Free pivot" tele bindings have never sat right with me. It's like "I need a free heel binding on my free heel binding." I think we're now at a point where they don't really need to exist. Tech pin bindings are far superior for touring (and do fine at the resort too), but if a user only plans to ski a particular setup for lift serve, they'd be better off with something simple and burly, perhaps with reliable brakes in place of the touring mechanism.

In theory, this resort-only binding could also be less expensive, but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytooslow View Post

Yup, this makes the most sense. It doesn't need to be made any lighter, but simpler and more durable, with fewer moving parts and fewer places to collect ice.

"Free pivot" tele bindings have never sat right with me. It's like "I need a free heel binding on my free heel binding." I think we're now at a point where they don't really need to exist. Tech pin bindings are far superior for touring (and do fine at the resort too), but if a user only plans to ski a particular setup for lift serve, they'd be better off with something simple and burly, perhaps with reliable brakes in place of the touring mechanism.

In theory, this resort-only binding could also be less expensive, but I wouldn't count on it.
              The free pivot function is what keeps a retractable brake from being feasible. The retractable brake adds some complexity and likely close to the cost of the free pivot, but worth it in my opinion.
              I am all for light touring bindings with free pivot, but a burlier resort oriented binding is still a good thing.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4sa0m0.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	106114

Comment

I don't disagree (though if your heel is free, your toe should be allowed to join the fiesta). And, Axl and Vice have peacefully coexisted for 10+ years, so I have no problem with an Outlaw X and and Inlaw X even though, barring some brutish fallout with Lynx, I don't see myself skiing any other binding for time to come.

Comment

I'd like to ski the Lynx, but I NEED the edge control and power of my TX Comps..Comps have no inserts, so I keep skiing on my Outlaws.
                    Ps. My two sets of Outlaws don't have the brakes, just leashes..
                    Last edited by chamonix; 3 January 2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

The In-law theory makes sense. Take a look at the Vice mounting plate:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	C3BCEF15-627E-44A6-9848-9B3D442A5A54.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	106224Looks pretty similar to the new orange part.

Comment

Working...
                      X