Dostie's View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dostie's View

There hasn't been much discussion about Craig's Youtube collab with Freeheel Life. There's some great content and explanation about gear and hacks.

The original video from 8 months ago.

And here's the most recent.

If nothing else, it's worth watching the evolution of Dostie's covid coiffure.

Dostie Knows!!! I just read his "simple telemark buying guide" from a link sent by Freeheel life to my email... I suppose that I think he's so smart because I agree with him on 99.9% of the things he says. For me, If I am unsure about something, I ask Dostie what he thinks.
    the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Watched them all today and must say they are brilliant. Nice bite sized episodes well paced and packed with information and style. Dostie- Thanks for being Dostie!
      I acknowledge that I live on the traditional territory of the Algonquin Nation

Comment

New episode on the M3

Don't forget to scrape that storage wax.

Comment

Nice one. Not sure this is the correct place to comment but.... doesn't snow now pack in the duckbutt clasp thingy so you can't just step in when it's time to transition? And I like flat touring.

Comment

That does happen. I put anti-ice tape on both the horizontal and vertical surfaces of the claw. It doesn't completely prevent icing when touring, but it means I can clear out the ice with one good poke of the pole, rather than chipping away at it like I'm making a mint julep.

Comment

A dog!

4:18 & 5:57

Comment

Originally posted by aqua toque View Post
                A dog!
                In a sweater. 😦

Comment

Re: Dosties View 12,
                  Interesting to note "A Ramp !" for step in . Well the Spike bulldog binding has had a "ramp" for immediate step in for years. And it only takes a light push down with ski pole, on the black nylon heel throw to release the boot heel.
                  See picture.. Click image for larger version  Name:	Binding detail 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	690.9 KB ID:	106277Spike Bulldog, with ski brakes on my K2 Annex 98 skis. NTN toe box.
                  Last edited by chamonix; 6 January 2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

If you look at Dosties View 12, at 2:06, in the new spring box, there is a square hole at the back of the "claw" that will allow snow to be expelled , from the claw as you step in . Surprised he didn't mention that.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Meidjo spring box 2.jpg
Views:	1063
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	106288
                    Last edited by chamonix; 6 January 2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

chamonix Is that hole maybe just the recess where the vertical tab on the "red stick" normally goes? If he's running the "Powder Casing" plug instead of the red stick, I suppose it just becomes a thru-hole. Intentional or not, this seems like a good thing! It seems like the hole could be made even bigger if the plug were glued in further forward and the red stick mounting features were cut away.

Comment

If my memory serves me well, Pierre mentioned this hole to evacuate snow. But, unless that snow is light and blowing in the wind, I don't think it will go through that hole.

Comment

Meidjo 3.0

Comment

What, some boots randomly not working with Meidjo? No dealers near me where I can have hands on and make sure they are compatible. Shipping in rural BC is weeks, not days, so the thought of having to exchange boots is daunting. Then there is the no icing vs flat tour dilemma. I already was trying to wait for the new light Scarpa boots that may never see the market. I am impressed to see the development of this binding as a real option. It still is more than just cost to hold one back though. This is just the latest example of the industry limitations on tele growth.

Comment

Hard hitting gear reviews that you've come to expect.

While we are on the topic, if anyone has a spare pair of those red G3 leashes that everyone hates, I could use a pair.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	2be053df-ba54-4445-a19f-fac653c24f70.jpeg
Views:	995
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	107318

Comment

Working...
                              X