Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to go next year? A Canada BC hut or a Europe tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go next year? A Canada BC hut or a Europe tour?

So I had decided to go back to Selkirk Mountain Experience next year because I can't imagine a better place to ski then that part of Canada and I really liked my time at SME. Then a guide friend of mine was encouraging me to go to Europe and do something like the Haute Route. I have never been to that part of Europe and really know little about it. The guide friend is making a sales pitch but that is OK since he is the best guide I know.

I am sure they are very different in many ways but for those of you who have done trips like this what are your thoughts?

Do both. If you can only do one, do the Haute Route with your guide friend if this is your only chance... Selkirk will still be there next year.

Comment

I can't do both in one year but I like your thinking. Both opportunities will be there next year or the year after. My guide friend spends most of the winter over there and Reudi is not going anywhere.

I am also going with my son. I doubt this will be our last trip but you never know how life can change your plans.
      Last edited by James; 15 April 2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        I can't do both in one year but I like your thinking.
        Sounds like you need to retire! :-)

Comment

I am mostly retired but there is the $$ and the wife who is not going.

So honey, I am thinking about going to Chile this summer then Canada and Europe next year. Thanks for holding down the fort.

NoPin, I like where you live. Do you have a spare room for after I bring this up?
          Last edited by James; 15 April 2014, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I see your point. Happy wife, happy life.

Comment

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/...pine-notebook/

If pippa can do it, you can too.

Zero need to plan further than a couple months ahead fur die European extravaganza so ask back in December or February.
              Last edited by juanwilliams; 17 April 2014, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X