Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mondo 27 black/green scarpa TX heads up on portland craigslist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant View Post
    More proof this little community rocks.
    Amen.......

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Here's another clean pair of 27s: https://nh.craigslist.org/spo/d/west...241148362.html

Comment

Originally posted by stec06 View Post
        Those ones are mine, was about to post that in the swap meet. DM me if interested.

Thanks

QC

Comment

Well, here they are! Many thanks to my childhood friend Debbie for driving up to Portland to pick them up and ship them to me and to tele.skier for the heads up here. These appear to have been skied once. Liners never cooked. Of course I weighed them. They come in at 1639 g each with the footbeds removed since I can't get my foot in there with the footbeds in this performance fit size. Compare against 1609 g for my Frankenboots with the Rush cuffs. Tour mode ROM is the same +10 degrees as the TX Pros so I think the Franken boots will remain my first choice for touring but I will compare the two for downhill performance after Christmas when the JaPOW conveyor kicks back in. Thanks again everybody for helping me get these. Dostie well remembers the day my old ones got stolen. I was crushed. Now feeling blessed this Christmas. Peace and joy and good health to all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8719.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	105725

Comment

Freeheel life has a pair of 28 mondos for sale. But they want 520 which is almost retail price and the liners are not original.

Comment

I'm happy that worked out for you Chez.

Just look at those boots,... How much more streamlined/lightened/minimized could a boot get and still do the job?? The design is nearly perfect with the noted exception of the range of motion in the cuff in tour mode. Other than that noted exception, the only thing which could make much improvement is building the boot with "space age" materials to weigh less, and be twice as strong...

*Santa came to my house too.. He left me a new Boss DD7 delay pedal... It's going to take me a whole week to figure out all the different things it does. I hope well all get something nice from Santa, and all our lives go back to normal soon...
              the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Ooh, how has Boss improved the DD7 from the DD5? I try to steer toward analog pedals vs digital, but the DD5 is great. Discussing which guitar pedals we want Santa to bring is probably the ultimate threadjack, ha.

Comment

Honestly, you should do what I am doing. (besides reading the manual) I go to youtube and watch the reviews and demo's of the DD7's in use. It has an analog mode which duplicates the well loved DD2 analog effect. I've only played around with it for about an hour so far, with the simplest functions, but I see it has a "hold" function where you can play a 40 second riff and it will save it and repeat it so you can play over it... or add more saved riffs... It's way beyond my experience, so I am curious to see how much of it will sink in before I decide it's "over my head".

.. and I can't hijack my own thread!!!! it's drift, and Chez got those boots in hand so the drift is ON!!!!
                  the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Originally posted by cesare View Post

Name:	IMG_8719.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	105725
                    They are beautiful. That is a real score. Congrats and Merry Christmas.

Comment

Damn, I can't believe that pair has been sitting essentially unused for 5+ years (fuzzy math). And I like the stark contrast of the only unwrapped gift under the tree.

Comment

Nice boots Cesare ! New In Box (well practically).
                        I have an old pair of the Orange TX size 28.5, but they are pretty beat up.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	TX NTN.JPG Views:	2 Size:	3.89 MB ID:	105770
                        I am pretty much addicted to the support, and edge control of the TX Comps now, so as my first pair gets soft, I ordered another pair from France last season, with the limited sizes available here in the US. Too bad they don't have inserts for the Lynx !

Name:	TX Comps.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	105771
                        Last edited by chamonix; 23 December 2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X