Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mondo 27 black/green scarpa TX heads up on portland craigslist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondo 27 black/green scarpa TX heads up on portland craigslist...

They don't appear to have a nick on them... The best touring boots ever made for "heavy tele" gear, meaning they are not powerfully stiff like a resort boot, but can still make decent turns on big skis if you use a little more finesse rather than try to use power technique. To date, nobody has made a touring boot better than the Scarpa TX... so here's your chance to get a pair, because the lord only knows when scarpa will make a better touring boot than this again...

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...235834076.html
    Last edited by tele.skier; 25 November 2020, 06:41 PM.
    the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

That's a great find tele.skier. I agree with all you say regarding the TX boot. I started my NTN career with the "Mamma" boot (TXPros for those who haven't read your treatise :-)) and could never get to love it. Fit was totally different to all the previous 75mm Scarpa T class boots I owned, they all flexed well and fit like a glove. The TXPro felt like a boat anchor if that's the right analogy. When I heard the TX's were being discontinued I bought a pair from Telemark Pyrenees and absolutely loved them from day one. Much better fit and feel to the TXPro. So my TXPros sit,all forlorn, on the shelf in the shed. The only reason I haven't sold them is in case my TX's crap out before the Scarpa's Holy Grail arrives.

Comment

Wow, Nick you're proof that at least 1 person reads my pronouncements... I hope one of the tribe here picks those up. Who knows when that holy grail will land, and if it will actually be without any flaws... the first year of anything is alway "beta testing" in this sport.

Comment

I want these so bad! Need to find someone get someone in Portland to pick them up and ship them to me.

EDIT: Looks like I've already got a runner lined up. Waiting to see if they are still available.
        Last edited by cesare; 26 November 2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

I hope that works out for you Chez. When morgan passed away, I sold his Tx's to finance boots for his girlfriend Brigit. I wanted his boots to go to someone who was going to travel out into the backcountry in them. They were underappreciated when they were made, and the revolution of efficient AT gear has woken up the appreciation of optimized touring boots for tele after they were discontinued. Hen's teeth they are now.

I think a friend of mine who had a good pair, bought a second pair when he heard they were being discontinued... He knew... and I know you do too..

Comment

Sorry again for your loss. I heard back from the seller. Someone is supposed to pick them up today but if that falls through they will let me know.

Comment

It's hard to buy stuff off craigslist if it's not being sold in your area. Sellers would always rather get cash for a hand off, than ship something with a paypal payment...

I was going to send you a private message, but instead I just posted this to everyone. I knew they wouldn't last long. oh well...

Comment

I agree. It's all I can do. A childhood friend living there has agreed to pick them up from the seller, so there may still be a small chance. Craig's List deals do often fall through. Just going to wait another day or two before I give up.

Comment

Oh man! Good luck cesare!

Comment

Just heard from the seller. Buyer didn't show. I will paypal him $$$ as soon as I get his email address back. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Aaaaand... the boots are mine! Just need to arrange for my friend to pick them up and ship to me. Thank you for the PSA tele.skier!

Comment

Sweet!

I look forward to hearing the comparison of these boots to your modified Txpros...

Comment

More proof this little community rocks.

Comment

I'm so happy for you Charlie :-). When I read about the theft of your first pair I thought that really sucks, since I love mine so much. Will you be tinkering with them or skiing them "as is" ?

Comment

Thank you, Nick. As is is the plan, such as it is. Like tele.skier, I too am interested to note the comparison between TX and Franken Pros. I expect it will be significant because the Rush cuff is a far stiffer material than whatever the cuff of the TX is made from. And tinkering is getting harder due the combination of deteriorating vision, lack of a proper work environment where I can stand up straight, and chronic back pain. It's kind of a compulsion and I am in the middle of putting another set of inserts in my ten year old SkiLogik Bomb Squads for Lynx and even with the jig, man, it takes me a long time to get things done. So once I get the binding project done I think--but who knows what I will really do?--I will take a bit of a break from tech work in the interest of entering the season healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X