Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon and grilled cheese sandwich, 20-21 New England ski thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aqua toque View Post
    ...not to mention yoga pants. ☺
    I'm wearing shorts.
    Oh and the old ball and chain is sporting XC ski pants.

Comment

• Ha! Well played.

(I teed that one up just for you).

Comment

• Nice season wrap.

Comment

• Great pics Grant,
          I'm kind of in biking mode now, but might go back up to Jay Peak tomorrow. Flyer is still running, (no more Bonnie?) with Goat Run and Northway open.
          Jet should have snow for a long time, with Montrealer still open too.
          Last edited by chamonix; 12 April 2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• I've got a comp to Sugarbush for next weekend and then will try and get down to K'ton for a day or two before closing out the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grant View Post
              I wish I could figure out the photo upload system on this forum! How do I get all three pics to show up within the body of the first post?
              I think you have to chose the "Medium" size image to display, more than 2 images.
              Last edited by chamonix; 12 April 2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Last storm, 2021 ? A lot of the runs, at Jay Peak have lost their base, but fresh snow on the remaining groomers would be nice.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Last storm 2021.jpg Views:	1 Size:	253.2 KB ID:	109681
                Last edited by chamonix; 14 April 2021, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Cham - your map is from April 1 - 2, so a bit outdated.

It looks like southern mountains are already in a 'Winter Storm Watch', but the Burlington NWS office doesn't pay attention to anything south of the Mad River Valley.

Comment

Cham - your map is from April 1 - 2, so a bit outdated.

It looks like southern mountains are already in a 'Winter Storm Watch', but the Burlington NWS office doesn't pay attention to anything south of the Mad River Valley.
                    Well that's embarrassing !! Here is the National Weather Service page, with a description of the oncoming storm. I guess they didn't update the graphic presentation, on this same page.

https://www.weather.gov/btv/winter

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING
                    THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations greater
                    than 6 inches possible, mainly above 1000 feet.

* WHERE...Windsor, Eastern Addison and Eastern Rutland Counties of
                    Vermont.

* WHEN...From Thursday evening through Friday evening.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be difficult, especially over higher
                    elevation gap roads.
                    so we may not get much of this storm up North.. I did ski Jay Peak today. Just Flyer, Metro and Jet were running. Laps on Flyer, down Goat Run. On teles today.

ps. Looks like the NWS just posted a new snowfall map. April 15 to April 16. Click image for larger version  Name:	Last storm 2021.jpg Views:	1 Size:	264.4 KB ID:	109689
                    Last edited by chamonix; 14 April 2021, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Surprise storm at Jay Peak today. About 8 inches of new snow. Snow was really heavy/mashed potatoes if you left the groomed runs. Very foggy. The Jet was groomed out, so you could just point-em and go.
                      Flyer ran too.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Jet April 17th 2021 enhanced.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	109754 empty chairs on the Jet at 9:30

Comment

• May Day is to be celebrated!
                        Attached Files

Comment

May Day is to be celebrated!
                          Looks like Stowe. Is that pic the stone house, rebuilt after the fire (years ago?) Did you ski down from the summit? Profanity or Hour Glass? Looks like the Gondolier still has lots of snow.

I passed on skiing today, filled bags of beer cans, collected along the roadside for Green Up day.
                          Last edited by chamonix; 2 May 2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• As the old saying goes, people who live in stone house shouldn't throw......uhh.....nevermind.

Comment

• Originally posted by chamonix View Post

Looks like Stowe. Is that pic the stone house, rebuilt after the fire (years ago?)
                              I stayed in the stone hut post restoration (after Jake Burton's son burned it down). They did an excellent job with the rebuild, highly recommend putting a few dates in for the lottery. It's special up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by chamonix View Post

Looks like Stowe. Is that pic the stone house, rebuilt after the fire (years ago?) Did you ski down from the summit? Profanity or Hour Glass? Looks like the Gondolier still has lots of snow.

I passed on skiing today, filled bags of beer cans, collected along the roadside for Green Up day.
                                Good on you for helping with GreenUp day. We picked up some of the mess the college kids left from Friday night, but that's a regular occurrence for us on weekend mornings.

We parked near the Mansfield Lodge and skinned up North Slope over to the top of Lookout and then up to the top of Nosedive. We should have just parked at the gondy and skinned straight up Nosedive from the bottom.

A skier came down old Nosedive while we were transitioning. I was surprised there was enough snow on the old trail as the heavy dusting covered the manmade nicely but most natural snow trails were melting out back to dirt, but she ripped it. The pics are somewhat deceiving as there was enough new snow to make it look like full coverage but it wasn't deep enough to ski off of the manmade trails.

Comment

Working...
                                X