Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon and grilled cheese sandwich, 20-21 New England ski thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon and grilled cheese sandwich, 20-21 New England ski thread..

Big storm for tomorrow and election day. 8-12 inches forecast along the spine of the Greens. Click image for larger version  Name:	Snowfall Nov 2nd 2020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	267.8 KB ID:	104601
    Too bad we don't have a base, but it's a start.
    link here
    https://www.weather.gov/btv/winter

Back in the day you posted pics of your first tracks for the honor of naming the thread - so get out there and get it done Cham

Comment

Nice to see this thread after the year we've all had! I'll be getting out tomorrow for my first Whiteface Toll Road tour. Maybe as much as a foot up high?

Comment

I can't wait to ski saddleback again this year.

Comment

I'm here for the sandwich.

Close to an inch last night. Poor Jack got a bit chilled.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20201102_084429.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	1,009.6 KB
ID:	104624

Comment

Is the bacon in the grilled cheese sandwich?

Or on the side?

This degree of ambiguity has been going on for years and would not be tolerated in other regional threads.

Comment

Originally posted by aqua toque View Post
              Is the bacon in the grilled cheese sandwich?

Or on the side?

This degree of ambiguity has been going on for years and would not be tolerated in other regional threads.
              I'll work on that, maybe we should have a poll? IMHO the bacon should be under the cheese, which is melted into the sandwich.

Comment

Damn you people! I thought about buying a loaf of white bread today for grilled cheese samiches when I went food shopping today. The thing that made me hesitate was that I recall those Kraft singles that I used for them were not actually cheese, but considered "cheese food", whatever that is...

So let me ask the implied question from my first remark... What kind of cheese should I get?
                the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
                  "cheese food"
                  That's what real cheese eats. So without cheese food we wouldn't have cheese rolling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cheese-rolling1.gif
Views:	344
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	104633

Comment

Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
                    Damn you people! I thought about buying a loaf of white bread today for grilled cheese samiches when I went food shopping today. The thing that made me hesitate was that I recall those Kraft singles that I used for them were not actually cheese, but considered "cheese food", whatever that is...

So let me ask the implied question from my first remark... What kind of cheese should I get?
                    Cabot Hunter's Sharp cheddar.

Accept no substitute.

Comment

With that much snow maybe take a beacon and grilled cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by webby View Post
                        Back in the day you posted pics of your first tracks for the honor of naming the thread - so get out there and get it done Cham
                        Ok, here are some pictures from today (Nov 3rd) at Jay Peak. I started early, like 6:00 am as I had a morning Doctors appointment. Probably 8 inches total snow, nice and dry, and on the edges of the runs it was deeper. Wind on Monday didn't blow it around too much. I stuck to lower angle "hippy snow" ; less chance of cutting through the snow to rocks underneath. Click image for larger version  Name:	First tracks 2020.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	104643 (my first tracks 2020 for Webby)
                        Skinned up slowly, enjoying the sensation of skis on snow, and taking pictures (also out of shape early in season). It's so great, having a ski area where one can skin up anywhere, anytime..until the BC is in shape. Click image for larger version  Name:	Fellow skiers.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	104644 Click image for larger version  Name:	Getting lapped.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	104645
                        Last edited by chamonix; 3 November 2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Awesome...
                          the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Originally posted by bastardsonoffhw View Post
                            I'll be getting out tomorrow for my first Whiteface Toll Road tour
                            I skied it today, Nov 4. Maybe 10-12" deep tops, deepest lower, bare road sections near top. Beautiful day, started the morning in a ADK Loj cabin where it was 15F outside, and it was about 50F when we finished the tour. It had about a 36-hour window this week and probably will be out for at least a week. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11779.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	104675
                            Last edited by djhutch; 4 November 2020, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Well done Cham - and I am with Grant on the Cabot cheddar - if you are making bacon, use good cheese, and if you ski in VT, it has to be Cabot (sorry, I have a good friend there) - can’t wait to get out

Comment

Working...
                              X