Vintage Tele Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by telenerd View Post
    Dropped by my local used gear and could not believe the selection of telemark gear and history I stumbled upon. Tele bulldogs, TUA, Chinard, Karhu, K2,Fischer, Trax, Rottefella Super Telemark, step in 75mm Fitchichis, original Scarpa Terminators, leathers, and list goes on! Just thought I would share for all you gear heads out there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	44858949-7930-421A-9321-CAE680A57D74.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	104235
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F1E2B6F9-7B99-4FF3-9056-AC192EC3831F.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	104236 Click image for larger version

Name:	F56C8540-9AD3-44C2-B1F0-B2C4C532F049.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	104237
    Where is this? Do they sell online - ? My kids need boots.

Comment

https://www.skitrucks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by telenerd View Post
        Dang, we were in that area last week. BTW, we drove down the west side of the Mullen fire into Colorado after they reopened the highway. Some scary sh*t going on there. Flames , smoldering stuff , and stands of timber torching in the far distance with absolutely nobody around since it was all "inside the black".

Comment

Some new gold at the shop. Never seen that style of voile bindings. Reminds me of the Lynx plates. For guys that aren’t local I’m sure if you call NU2U they will ship stuff for a reasonable price. Click image for larger version

Name:	AC31FE2C-8EFE-4258-A99A-427A157C818F.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	104468 Click image for larger version

Name:	859D61C3-614F-4289-B1E5-8EA694D91873.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	104469 Click image for larger version

Name:	BBA891C6-5654-467F-891D-EA946766444D.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	104470 Click image for larger version

Name:	B5F773B0-34AE-4DF8-8D0E-8C8664C444CB.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	104471

Comment

Forgot to say the old wood skis aren’t for sale.

Comment

It’s the Voile Plate, I had a pair in the mid(?) 80’s. It gave a bit more control to leather boots, although you had to replace the bungee quite often.

Comment

Neat, from what I could tell the bungies we’re intact when looking at the binding. The Elan skis have a Ramer bindings on them. May have to zoom in a bit to see them on the one photo. I was gonna buy them but the top sheet was cracked where the binding is screwed in. I may consider buying the BDs, Tuas, or Phoenix skis but holding out a little bit when more gear starts to fly in to the store this winter. I also have a thing for the old wax less bases with 75mm bindings which they had a huge selection.

Comment

I have a "thing" for old skis too, but my wife keeps making me throw them out, or sell them if I can.

Comment

its amazing how you can still find phoenix skis floating about. I think those were the very first telemark specific skis. And Art Burrows who was one of the principals at phoenix absolutely ripped. He was totally awe inspiring. Probably still rips.

And Oh, wow, the extremely rare Ramer tele release plate. if you are at all a collector of rare telemark gear, those should be on your list. If you take a close look at how they release, they are basically the same as the Ramer AT bindings that inspired dynafit. But they are flipped 180 degrees so the binding rotates under the arch. But if Paul hadn't flipped it back wards he could have had the first tele binding with free pivot touring in the 1980's!

Comment

I have hoarded Voile Plates for decades. Now, living in Japan, my stock is running low. It is great material for making shims because it's light, tough, and easy to work. I still have them mounted on my sand skis, which are still in Colorado since there is one sand dune in all of Japan and it isn't big enough to make the effort to travel to and ski. Best way to use them is to remove the metal heel levers. All they do is cut the bungee cord. The bungees last a long time without them.
                      Last edited by cesare; 25 October 2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Well I’m not sure if this is good luck or what, but I was browsing though one of my old Tele books today and spotted some Phoenix skis! Click image for larger version

Name:	3D391F1A-A650-48D6-AA21-1943AC0958AB.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	104491

Comment

Still have my Trucker Mountain Edges. Skied them with Snowfields and then with Extremes. Skied the Sierra High Route with them in 1982. I still take them out for a run or two a year. Use Merrell Super Comps when I do. 205’s. They seem VERY long now.

Comment

Old school to new school. All left behind under a Sitka spruce near Thompson Pass, except the EYT straps. Been there, done that, doing this now...Those skis saw some ****.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Quiver copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.9 KB ID:	104507
                            Last edited by Valdez Telehead; 26 October 2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I remember the floaty ride of the Tua Sumos, when I first got them in deep powder. I had the same SuperLoops setup on them as your old skis.
                              I donated one of the Sumo skis, with the Super Loops, still mounted to the Stowe Ski museum.

Comment

You put some miles on all of those skis, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X