Vintage Tele Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Tele Gear

Dropped by my local used gear and could not believe the selection of telemark gear and history I stumbled upon. Tele bulldogs, TUA, Chinard, Karhu, K2,Fischer, Trax, Rottefella Super Telemark, step in 75mm Fitchichis, original Scarpa Terminators, leathers, and list goes on! Just thought I would share for all you gear heads out there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	44858949-7930-421A-9321-CAE680A57D74.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	104235

Name:	F1E2B6F9-7B99-4FF3-9056-AC192EC3831F.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	104236 Click image for larger version

Name:	F56C8540-9AD3-44C2-B1F0-B2C4C532F049.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	104237

Attached Files

Originally posted by telenerd View Post

Name:	F56C8540-9AD3-44C2-B1F0-B2C4C532F049.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	104237

Name:	ducks-3947359_960_720.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	104242

Comment

I spy a pair of Kazama Outback TMs, most duneworthy ski ever made. Tuas, with their hard, sintered bases are good on sand too. Looks like a gold mine. I wish we had dunes in Japan. There is one dune in Tottori Prefecture but it is too small and overcrowded.

Comment

Haha! I still have a pair of Tuas that I skied last year. They're good skis!

Comment

I own a pair of Fischer Voodoos with the Voile releasable binding and an pair old pair of E99 those skis are awesome. The voodoos actually turn very well and are single camber, they are my go to rock skis!

Comment

3rd pair of skis from the left, (next to Kahru Outbound skis) have an old Silvretta binding, to allow one to ski into a climb. with a rigid sole climbing boot. So one would ski into the base of a climb, or a base camp, then with boots warm, and probably an over boot setup, one is ready to put on crampons, and climb.

I had a setup like that mounted on Europa 99s, so I could ski into ice climbs with my Galibier Superguide leather boots.

Notice the clips (hooks?) on the sidewall of the skis, to hold the cables and climbing boot down, for skiing downhill. Pretty scary skiing setup, on a 210 cm double camber ski, with no release !

I had a set of these Carman Super Gaiters, to wear over my leather Superguides for winter use. Click image for larger version  Name:	Super Guides with Carman gaiters.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	104257
            I bought them from Peter Carman, in his shop, when I spent a winter in the Tetons in 1967. Link here,
            http://www.smhc.co.uk/objects_item.asp?item_id=33088
            Last edited by chamonix; 15 October 2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

In the rafters of my shop I still have a pair of the purple, 205cm Tua Toute' Neige, with voile' plates mounted under rottefella 3 pin bindings. I believe they are single cambered so I kept them when I moved out west, where as my double cambered 215cm rossignol randonee's were jettisoned to the dumpster because I never thought they would ever see their way onto the snow again. I kind of wish I still had them now, just so I could hang them on the wall and look at them when I am remembering how poorly they worked for skiing trees. Back then, I went out and floundered my way through the trees anyway on them just because I didn't know any better at the time...
              🤦‍♂️
              Last edited by tele.skier; 15 October 2020, 11:14 AM.
              the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Looks like the skis with the old Silvretta bindings are for sale for $12.00? If this was a local shop, for $12 I would buy them, just for the binding !

Comment

Originally posted by chamonix View Post
                  Looks like the skis with the old Silvretta bindings are for sale for $12.00? If this was a local shop, for $12 I would buy them, just for the binding !
                  Yep. I was tempted to buy the old bear traps. Last year I purchased a set of new Raniey Designs Super loops from their shop!

Comment

Where is that shop located? I had a couple pairs of Tua skis (Montet MX and the final version of Excaliber) and I liked them, or thought I did. After one day on K2 World Piste I never skied a Tua ski again. Funny how a pair of skis seems great until you ski a newer generation. True with a lot of things incuding tools, vehicles, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mo pow View Post
                      Where is that shop located? I had a couple pairs of Tua skis (Montet MX and the final version of Excaliber) and I liked them, or thought I did. After one day on K2 World Piste I never skied a Tua ski again. Funny how a pair of skis seems great until you ski a newer generation. True with a lot of things incuding tools, vehicles, etc.
                      Now that brings back some memories. After skinny ski and leather days I experimented with some Alpine skis with tele binding and boots like early generation Garmont plastics. Bindings were Chilis and Super Loops. Broke gear on a regular basis . Then, got a pair of snake skin World Pistes and first generation HH's a little while later added some AK Launchers with HH's too. Almost immediately started skiing terrain that would have scared me before....
                      "Just say no to groomed snow"

Comment

Originally posted by mo pow View Post
                        Laramie,WY
                        https://www.nu2usports.com/

Comment

I used something like this at some point, but have had these for awhile. Still an interesting concept. What about the shop?

Name:	IMG_0787.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	876.6 KB
ID:	104287

Comment

Hum never seen those heelcators before at the shop. Interesting.

Comment

maybe not so tele specific, if you are ever in SLC and it's still there a visit to Ski Truck is a similar experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X