La Nina - wooo hooo!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Nina - wooo hooo!!

Looks like we might get another La Nina, and a solid winter with colder temps and more precip

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...%C3%B1a-update

Looks like higher than normal temps for Eastern Canada and Vermont. Less precipitation, or maybe normal precip amounts.
    La Nina generally results in a tilt toward below-average temperatures for western Canada during the winter through spring. I believe current seasonal outlooks favor this pattern and also above-average temperatures for eastern Canada.

Comment

Fingers crossed. The PDO has been sending warm temps through the Gulf of Alaska (and a warm blob), which hasn't been good for fishing or skiing. That may be reverting . . .

Comment

We got about 2 or 3 inches of snow yesterday here in Wyoming and a few inches back in September. Maybe that is a good sign for whats to come.

Comment

Really solid season last year and hoping for the same or better. Some snow to 4500 around here tonight will wake up the mass hysteria. Teaser snows....rain or sun will wipe it away. Next storm should stick La Nina or not.

Comment

Originally posted by chamonix View Post
            Looks like higher than normal temps for Eastern Canada and Vermont. Less precipitation, or maybe normal precip amounts.
            Overall, northern VT gets 100-125% higher than average snow fall during a La Nina winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post

Overall, northern VT gets 100-125% higher than average snow fall during a La Nina winter.
              Hope you are right !

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post

It's easy to forget that warmer air can hold more moisture.

Comment

been dumping snow for the last few hours at my house. viva la nina.

Comment

I'll believe the forecast when I see it puking snow on the highway camera... I've already wrangled 10 sand bags to go into the bed of my truck to add extra weight to the rear end of the truck for better handling in life threatening, white knuckle trips up to the mountains. Those are the days you don't want to miss... All I can do is be prepared mechanically, physically, and mentally... check! check! oh well, 2 out of 3 aint bad....

the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Originally posted by bastardsonoffhw View Post
                      It's easy to forget that warmer air can hold more moisture.
                      Or why the Sierra gets more snow than Colorado - on average.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Working...
                      X