Freeheel Life Podcast #45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeheel Life Podcast #45

Had a good chat with Josh Madsen over the weekend.

https://freeheellife.libsyn.com/45-c...h-craig-dostie

ain't no turn like tele!

Appreciate your work on the telemark scene and spreading the word. Great chat with Madsen this morning! I listen to their podcast every Monday morning and was pleasantly surprised to hear you again on their podcast. From the small possibility of new NTN touring boots, Voile TTS, and Lynx changes cant wait to see what this season brings!

Comment

Is there anywhere else to shop online? Nice guy. Great service. Met him at last years midwest telefest. Also, hear hear on prescribed fires. Clean out the forests. <edit> Great description on cable tension and anchor point vertical location. Makes sense.
      Last edited by Muns; 5 October 2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Haven't listened to the whole podcast yet....but I have to say, Dostie lives and breathes this stuff!! And I say that with reverence!

Excited about the boots. I'm splitting my time between two pairs of TXPros (one for inbounds, the other out) and they are both barely hanging on. One more season, maybe two.

Comment

Dostie,
          You say in the podcast that V1 and V2 plates on the Lynx are incompatible. I recall reading that elsewhere in here, so I wasn't surprised to see that. But I tried swapping them and they fit any which way, backwards and forwards, what-have-you. I did NOT try skiing them or even putting a boot in though. What is it that doesn't work?

Comment

jnicol,

Well dang it, you're correct ^ ^ ^. The main flexplate from v1 mates to the baseplate of v2, and I suppose vice versa. But the claw assembly from v2 will be sloppy on a v1 plate, and a v1 claw assembly won't fit on a v2 plate. The difference of 0.050" does make a difference. Which is why offering softer plates for a v2 Lynx is not as simple as changing the flexplate.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Very sloppy. No number of spacers would allow me to close on my duckbutt with v1 claw assembly and v2 plates. I guess the springs had taken too much of a set. 22 Designs ended up sending me a pair of v2 bindings since my toes were not closing anymore either. Five star support.

Comment

Yep, two big thumbs up to 22D for customer service.

Comment

Well 22 Designs will be sending me new longer springs & different flex plates for my V2. The V3 springs are slightly longer then the V2 springs and the flex plates just have tapered tabs to prevent cracking. They said the longer springs will fix claw grabs touring and prevent from using more spacers and the different flex plates they tried to adjust for activity was not very reliable and they need more time to work out bugs. So I would call this season's Lynx V2.1. He did not mention any other changes on toe or claw.

Comment

It's awful nice of you all to be doing 22 Designs' R&D for them (and paying $499 for the honor)!

For real though, that's the reality when you're working on the scale that they're working on. It's great that they give such thorough after-sale service.

Comment

I think the financial risk they take is greater than the financial risk we take. Happy to support tele development.

Comment

That was a fun listen. Thx Craig and josh. I’ll stop in at freeheel life when I’m in salt lake in December
                        I like supporting the folks who keep this going- like voile and 22designs and now I’ll add fhl to that group too

Comment

Working...
                        X