Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Covidemic plague on skiing makes me sick

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
    racism,... well you got me with the generic accusation before you even know any thing.. I'm probably a Russian operative too... And that's how it goes online.

    Why not pick a policy or some topic and discuss intelligently why it's morally wrong or misguided? You've been among the tele tribe online anonymously for decades because you're a coward. Have you ever met anyone from here or TTips? Have you ever traded gear with anyone here where they got to know your name and address?

    Of course not, because "this" is your thing, being abusive on the internet, because in real life you're a pussy... right?

    Feel free to respond in your standard bloviated manner. You're safely 3000 miles away in your little hideaway typing your ad hominem comments. God knows you'll never talk about policies, and why you disagree with them. That would mean you have to defend some opinion of your own rather than just call other people names.

    So far the count is:
    Trump trash
    anti-educated
    racist
    misogyny

    and you still haven't made an argument...
    If you need an argument from ME regarding Trump then you're not worth the time it would take to compose one. I mean really.... The f'n guy gassed peaceful protesters so he could get a photo-op holding a bible in front of a boarded up church. The guy tried to extort Ukraine into helping him get reelected. The guy made a moral equivelancy between skinheads and people protesting racism. The guy knowingly lied about covid to the American people. The guy calls John McCain a loser because he was a POW. The guy goes to Kenosha but doesn't meet with Jacob Blake's family - he meets with the police who shot him in the back 11 times. The guy doesn't say boo to Putin when his own intelligence agencies tell him the Russians are paying bounties for US soldiers killed in Afghanistan. The guy met with the NK dictator for absolutely no reason at all. I could go on and on. In fact, you've inspired me; I think I will.

    In the summer of 2017, Trump personally intervened to try and block a merger between AT&T and Time Warner — in order to try and punish CNN, which is owned by Time Warner, for its unfavorable coverage of him. Over the past 12 months, six migrant children aged between 2 and 16 — five from Guatemala and one from El Salvador — have died in federal custody. Over the previous 10 years, not a single migrant child died in custody. From pitching his struggling Doral resort as a venue for the next G-7 summit, to making more than 400 lucrative visits to his own properties and businesses, to having Saudi royals bail out his underperforming hotels, Trump has been violating both the domestic and foreign emolument clauses of the Constitution from day one of his moneymaking presidency. His response to such criticisms? “You people with this phony emoluments clause.”The president of the United States is a fraudster. Don’t take my word for it. In November 2016, less than two weeks after he was elected, Trump settled three different fraud lawsuits related to his Trump University for $25 million. Earlier this month, as the New York Attorney General Letitia James formally announced, the president was “forced to pay $2 million for misusing charitable funds for his own political gain,” and his Trump Foundation was “shut down for its misconduct.” We know that Trump’s former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen, who is serving a three-year prison sentence for campaign finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud, made illegal hush money payments to two women — Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal — who claimed to have had affairs with Trump. We also know, thanks to federal prosecutors, that Cohen “acted in coordination and at the direction of” the president himself. How is this brazen violation of campaign finance laws not an impeachable offense? On at least eight occasions, he has encouraged his supporters — including members of the armed forces — to attack his political opponents. In addition, a bevy of domestic terrorists arrested since 2016 have cited either Trump’s name, his inflammatory rhetoric, or both. Trump has told more than 15,000 falsehoods since coming to office. To quote presidential historian Douglas Brinkley: “There is no president that lied as if they were a form of breathing, except Donald Trump.” Special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election identified 10 instances of possible obstruction of justice by the president. The president told the Mueller inquiry: “I do not recall discussing WikiLeaks with [former adviser Roger Stone], nor do I recall being aware of Mr. Stone having discussed WikiLeaks with individuals associated with my campaign.” In November, however, his former deputy campaign manager, Rick Gates, said in court that Trump had been aware in advance of WikiLeaks’ disclosures in 2016, based on his conversations with Stone. This is a president who has referred to African countries as “****holes;” to Mexicans as “rapists;” to neo-Nazis as “very fine people.” Trump, as even Fox News host Chris Wallace observed last week, “is engaged in the most direct, sustained assault on freedom of the press in our history.” The president has asked the FBI to jail reporters who publish leaks, threatened to revoke the broadcast licenses of media organizations that criticize him, and relentlessly attacked and demonized journalists as “scum,” “slime,” “sick people,” “fake news,” and “the enemy of the people.” The president has retweeted QAnon supporters on multiple occasions; invited them to speak at his rallies; and hosted them at the White House. Why does this matter? The FBI has warned that QAnon will “very likely” drive extremists “to carry out criminal or violent acts.” In October 2018, a blockbuster 13,000-word investigation by the New York Times found that Trump “received at least $413 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire, much of it through tax dodges in the 1990s.” What kind of dodges? “He and his siblings set up a sham corporation to disguise millions of dollars in gifts from their parents. … Records indicate that Mr. Trump helped his father take improper tax deductions worth millions more.” With apologies and gratitude to https://theintercept.com/2019/12/19/...p-impeachment/

    But g'head - tell me how we're all missing his genius. Bottom line: EASILY the worst President since Andrew Johnson. A national embarrassment. We may never fully recover from much of what he's done to this country. If you're not F'n pissed then you're either not paying attention or you're just good with the racism and the misogyny and you don't care about the rest. Which is it?
    Last edited by bastardsonoffhw; 15 September 2020, 11:23 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by tele.skier View Post

      At least his supporters don't burn down buildings, commit violent assault, and loot property. You have to wonder why that isn't a concern of yours but a rally you did not attend is your concern.

      After 9/11, I bought a few NYPD and NYFD baseball caps to show my solidarity with our police and firefighters. If I wear the NYPD cap in seattle, there's a good chance I will be physically assaulted... What do you think about that? and about democratically run states allowing public violence and anarchy. Should I just not wear my NYPD hat like a sheeple?

      How anyone could vote for democrats with the stupidity of the latest american trend of the PC culture is beyond me. BLM was started because of the death of Michael Brown... Read the wikipedia about the incident. It's not at all like the case of George Floyd which was a psychopathic policeman murdering someone. The whole BLM thing is the "race card" on steroids. Just look at willie played it on me in the last post... expectedly.

      It's interesting what different people focus on, and consider as the situation that controls their vote... I don't disparage people who have different opinions from me, I just like to see their rationale and present my own. I do it that way because I don't believe in being verbally abusive on the internet, as I've said because that kind of talk is unassailable because it defends no ground of it's own. It's a weak strategy of a weak argument.
      First, this is Dostie's topic about sick and Covid, don't try to paint me as not concerned about other matters. Yes, I am concerned about a rally that has thousands of un masked people shoulder to shoulder in my backyard. Then, he states publicly that he is not worried as he is well away from the crowd.

      As far as Vote, I didn't say who to vote for but simply vote. Personally, I am a registered Independent, have been for years and have voted for both D's and R's. I didn't vote for Trump the first time as he is a racist and a type A personality, two trails I hate in all people and won't vote for him this time for the same reason.
      Last edited by Quadzilla; 15 September 2020, 11:53 AM.
      "Just say no to groomed snow"

      Comment


      • #18
        Every single thing you said, is the CNN "seems like" interpertation of every event you site. I have to laugh at your last sentence. That is the old "When did you stop beating your wife" argument where it implies that either you still beat your wife OR you used to beat her... Priceless weak arguing

        The answer is a simple question back to you. When did you stop being a pedophile?... do you see how that works? It's not an arguement, it's a veiled accusation in the form of a question...

        So you can't pick a single thing, so you go back to the CNN talking points list of "seems like" or "probably".

        There's never been a president who was so heavily conspired against by the opposing party ever in this country's history. Considering those who have expressed the most derision for Trump, I would side with Trump against all of them. Many of them committed criminal acts trying to frame him, and lied publically to try to derail his administration. You may think it's ok because you dislike him, but you are wrong.

        I'm sure you can pick a single topic and discuss it intelligently, but that's not going to happen because the details always come back as less convincing than the initial accusation. It isn't hard to find a policy that didn't work for any president, so it's not like you can't pick a policy that I wouldn't agree was a mistake or a poor choice, but it just sounds so much better to say that "poor immigrant children died in cages" like Trump has those cages in the white house basement. Maybe the coyote smugglers are kidnapping kids to cross the border with because they know that they wont be deported immediately crossing the border illegally with kids, which is a different policy than the Obama policy.

        Face it,... you hate the guy, and so a lot of people do because of the media's attempt to create that hate. IMO, he's no worse than the politicians we've had as president all the way back to Nixon. (maybe carter was an ok human being, but an ineffective president) I don't really have any who I dislike, but I have plenty who I disagree with. Some of them I strongly disagree with some of their opinions, but I don't make it about them being a bad person. I disagree with them...

        pick a policy yet?
        the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Quadzilla View Post

          First, this is Dostie's topic about sick and Covid, don't try to paint me as not concerned about other matters. Yes, I am concerned about a rally that has thousands of un masked people shoulder to shoulder in my backyard. Then, he states publicly that he is not worried as he is well away from the crowd.

          As far as Vote, I didn't say who to vote for but simply vote. Personally, I am a registered Independent, have been for years and have voted for both D's and R's. I didn't vote for Trump the first time as he is a racist and a type A personality, two trails I hate in all people and won't vote for him this time for the same reason.
          I see you got a "1" like. I got $10 bucks that says I know who posted that like...

          Why is Trump a racist? I want to know why you think that?
          the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
            Every single thing you said, is the CNN "seems like" interpertation of every event you site. I have to laugh at your last sentence. That is the old "When did you stop beating your wife" argument where it implies that either you still beat your wife OR you used to beat her... Priceless weak arguing

            The answer is a simple question back to you. When did you stop being a pedophile?... do you see how that works? It's not an arguement, it's a veiled accusation in the form of a question...

            So you can't pick a single thing, so you go back to the CNN talking points list of "seems like" or "probably".

            There's never been a president who was so heavily conspired against by the opposing party ever in this country's history. Considering those who have expressed the most derision for Trump, I would side with Trump against all of them. Many of them committed criminal acts trying to frame him, and lied publically to try to derail his administration. You may think it's ok because you dislike him, but you are wrong.

            I'm sure you can pick a single topic and discuss it intelligently, but that's not going to happen because the details always come back as less convincing than the initial accusation. It isn't hard to find a policy that didn't work for any president, so it's not like you can't pick a policy that I wouldn't agree was a mistake or a poor choice, but it just sounds so much better to say that "poor immigrant children died in cages" like Trump has those cages in the white house basement. Maybe the coyote smugglers are kidnapping kids to cross the border with because they know that they wont be deported immediately crossing the border illegally with kids, which is a different policy than the Obama policy.

            Face it,... you hate the guy, and so a lot of people do because of the media's attempt to create that hate. IMO, he's no worse than the politicians we've had as president all the way back to Nixon. (maybe carter was an ok human being, but an ineffective president) I don't really have any who I dislike, but I have plenty who I disagree with. Some of them I strongly disagree with some of their opinions, but I don't make it about them being a bad person. I disagree with them...

            pick a policy yet?
            What?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tele.skier View Post


              Why is Trump a racist? I want to know why you think that?
              Wow. It's a f'n cult.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by jnicol View Post
                Well, I'm gonna pour my glass to the 3/4 mark....
                Yeah, other than the masks and bad news from everywhere else things are strangely normal here.


                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by tele.skier View Post

                  I see you got a "1" like. I got $10 bucks that says I know who posted that like...

                  Why is Trump a racist? I want to know why you think that?
                  Well gee, Birtherism, Escalator, fear mongering and "like father like son" come to mind. Simple fact that this is a multi racial country, brown people have large families. Trump is not going to make america white again.
                  "Just say no to groomed snow"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thumb this post up if you think its time for Willy to be banned again.

                    Because:

                    * Has nothing to say about skiing, ever.

                    * Can neither keep politics out of discussion, nor speak civilly on the topic.

                    * Clearly has zero respect for others and comes here specifically to stir the pot for his childish entertainment.

                    * Has had to be removed on countless occasions from every ski forum online, including this one.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I know that I shouldn't answer willy because his post and a few others were really veiled insults and not civil discussions of some topic, like covid19. I just get sick of seeing that same vitriolic name calling baloney over and over. I don't want him to be banned, just discuss what he believes as Yoyo said, in a civil manner... because I'm interested in WHY he, and other people, see things the way they do.

                      I accept that people don't agree with me, or agree with each other in many cases and I don't think they need to agree to respect each other's right to hold the opinion that seems right to them.
                      the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
                        I know that I shouldn't answer willy because his post and a few others were really veiled insults and not civil discussions of some topic, like covid19. I just get sick of seeing that same vitriolic name calling baloney over and over. I don't want him to be banned, just discuss what he believes as Yoyo said, in a civil manner... because I'm interested in WHY he, and other people, see things the way they do.

                        I accept that people don't agree with me, or agree with each other in many cases and I don't think they need to agree to respect each other's right to hold the opinion that seems right to them.
                        In other words, you think intolerance of intolerance is itself a form of intolerance. That's some Orwellian **** right there.

                        By the way, I told you why. In response, you muttered something about CNN (a network I never watch) which just shows how far you've fallen into Trump's bizarre world. One bona fide Conservative after another has come out against this guy and yet you say "Considering those who have expressed the most derision for Trump, I would side with Trump against all of them." Like who? David Brooks, George Will, Janet Rubin, Mitt Romney, John McCain, Joe Scarboro, David Frum, John Bolton, Rex Tillerson, Max Boot, George Conway, William Cohen, Chuck Hagel, Colin Powell and William Webster? (I could go on and on). Boy, those are some wild-eyed libs right there.

                        You're on the wrong side of history pal. And it won't treat you kindly.
                        Last edited by bastardsonoffhw; 15 September 2020, 01:55 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Those are arguments from authority,... in other words you name some highly esteemed people and claim their highly esteemed status proves they are right... I disagree with them. I think Trump is right about a lot of our country's policies. I don't care that he offends the traditional republicans, I don't think any more of them then I do of Trump. (and he's certainly a warts and all guy)

                          Like anyone can these days, I can go into full on google mode and find occasions where every single one of those people emphatically stated their opinion which then turned out to be wrong... because that's how we all are. We're wrong occasionally, but few of us act like you about it, with derisive comments, using insulting names for people you hate and people you are trying to argue with. You're just like Trump, and one of the qualities I wish he exercised less.

                          Think of all the policy mistakes which made up the different disasters which happened over the last 70 years. All of those highly esteemed types of people were contributors to the policy ideas that contributed to those mistakes. No Ivy league law degree makes them smarter than anyone else, maybe more sanctimonious, but no less prone to be wrong on occasion. This isn't math or science we're talking about where 1+1= 2, where no matter who adds it up it's still the same. This is political science where if you believe "Bernie" then you are breaking windows and stealing $hit, because of the "billionaires" and "Millionaires"... If you believe Obama, (or his henchmen who did his dirty work) then everyone is racist. It's sickening and basically a false generalization. There's no clear math for right and wrong, so you have to have beliefs and be willing to listen to other people's opinions and consider their arguments.

                          There's endless research to prove whatever you wish to prove on the internet, much of it documented properly and proposed as some extrodinary wisdom.

                          " You're on the wrong side of history pal. And it won't treat you kindly." That's cryptic baloney. Pat yourself on the back some more for agreeing with yourself.

                          It doesn't matter what happens in the election, if Trump is elected and the economy takes off, our soldiers all come home, and their a more peaceful world, some pundits will credit Clinton/bush/obama/whoever. If Biden wins, and anything bad happens at all, those same pundits will blame Trump...

                          We all know that is true of all political factions... I have to do some WORK now...
                          the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Dostie Great topic that went to **** in a hurry.

                            The reservation system for a weather dependent sport makes me uneasy but to be expected. Not sure what else ski areas can do. I best make reservations early and hope Ullr treats me well.

                            With the Ikon you can push you pass payment to the following season. So there is a second option.
                            Last edited by -E-; 15 September 2020, 03:22 PM. Reason: So you can't write the word shit here. That's fucked up.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by -E- View Post
                              Dostie Great topic that went to **** in a hurry.
                              Why do you hate lively discussion?



                              Comment


                              • #30
                                tele.skier wrote,
                                I'm interested in WHY he, and other people, see things the way they do.
                                Well I guess it depends on where you get your information.

                                Myself, the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, National Public Radio, PBS programs, like Frontline, David Frum's books (reading Trumpocracy right now) , watching some of the Lincoln Project ads for TV, Atlantic magazine, New Yorker magazine, etc..
                                How about 195, 000 Americans dead from COVID?


                                I guess I'm getting political after all

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X