Volkl VTA 208

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkl VTA 208

First of all its been like 15 years since I was hanging in TTips. But... Has anyone skied the Volkl VTA 208? I had been on my K2 Coombacks for a decade (600 days at least). With kids and trying to afford life in the modern-west I just can't justify spending $1500 on a pair of un-mounted skis. Funny, I was in a ski shop a couple years ago and the salesman told me how it was truly the golden age of ski touring- yeah cuz all the skis were over $1000. Ridonculous! Thinking of the years of telemark BC bliss on the used set-up (boots/skis/bindings/poles) I got for $200 in 1992.

Anyway I digress - rolled the dice on a pair of 190 Volkl VTAs for $325 on-line. Holy crap these skis do everything! Tight turns in trees and super-stable wide-open on the face. ****-dog!

Cheers,

TME

Volkl VTA? Yeah, skied 'em. Awesome skis. Very similar but not quite the same as the BMT's which are just the V-Werks design marketed to the backcountry with more sizes. As I recall they were less damp than the V-Werks, but that could be a misplaced memory.

Review of VTA88 on EYT

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

It's 108, innit?

Comment

Working...
      X