Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -E- View Post
    PM sent. Thanks dschane.
    Will go out tomorrow. As I inspected the ones I used, they're definitely flattening out. If they work, we'll have to find stronger ones.

Comment

PM sent to dschane as well! Awesome offer!

I had a different experience - I bought the V2s at the end of last season, but before I did, I called 22D and asked point blank "will there be any changes for next season, if so I'm going to hold off." The response was an unequivocal "no, maybe the flex plate or something, but nothing we can't mail you."

Hearing that springs and toe pieces are on the [possible] list piques my interest a bit... and not in a good way.

We'll see!

Comment

At first I thought the V1 toes were fine. Then they stopped snapping shut at all. I could still ski them but had to close them by hand and keep them locked out all the time. The v2 toes are worlds better. But I guess I should not be too surprised if they too need an upgrade at some point. As far as the springs are concerned, I find them to be fine. It's the flex plates I'm still worried about. Just making them thicker and with different dimensions might not be good enough. I recall someone posting here and on facebook with splintered tabs and when I looked at my v1 plates, they were about ready to go. The v2 plates do not look qualitatively different. Somebody mentioned reinforcing the tabs with some metal. I think that would help but then they might not fit into the claw. I'll be keeping a close eye on mine this winter.

Comment

I should make clear that when I talked with 22D they never used the term "V3". I asked if there were any changes for this season, and he said yes, they've improved the toe piece for tighter snap. So maybe they see this more as
          "continual improvement" as opposed to a full rev. change. My use of V3 was intended to differentiate the 19-20 toe piece from 20-21 version.

Comment

Right, based on the discussion here and with others offline, I understand that the Lynx binding that one could purchase in the spring of 2020 is the same that you can purchase in the fall of 2020 for this upcoming winter.

I haven't experience the loss in tension that Dostie has described (my specs: size L, 28 boot, wave washers instead of power spacers).

Comment

Originally posted by dschane View Post

I ended up discarding the power spacers and using a single-wave washer for each spring.
              Size of the referenced single-wave washer you're using? Thanks.

Comment

I sure did experience it on v1. Remains to be seen if I do on v2. I have one spacer on each for now.

Comment

Originally posted by mo pow View Post
                  I meant that if these new plates are not the same as those on my V2 bindings I will give a heads up. 22D indicated that the toe assembly they provided is V3, but did not mention anything about the flex assembly, or even if there are any flex plate changes for V3. So I assumed they are the same as V2 but don't know for sure.
                  Got word that they changed the shape of the claw positioning tabs to prevent/eliminate the main flex plate from cracking. The front tabs for mating with the baseplate are the same, so a v3 flexplate will be a simple upgrade from a v2 Lynx.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Originally posted by rick View Post

Size of the referenced single-wave washer you're using? Thanks.
                    Pretty certain they're the metric, stainless ones (M8) and reference 92168A109 for $5.53 for a pack of 50.

Comment

Waiting on my V3 springs to show up. Should be getting them this week! I will post up some pics for comparison between old springs and take a few measurements.

Comment

New Lynx V3 springs just arrived! Honestly at first I could not tell a difference between the old V2 ones and the new ones for size. After closely looking at the springs and setting them on a flat service the new springs are about 1mm longer and the coil ends is some what different. The old spring on left is thinner on end of the spring while the new spring is much thicker. Break out your zoom. I tried doing a picture with my calipers but could not get lighting right for seeing small measurement difference. My guess is the coil overall is thicker that may prevent or minimize spring sag? Just need snow to test! Click image for larger version

Name:	0A25ECB9-68B8-48D0-92B2-A0017687A361.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	744.7 KB
ID:	104454 Click image for larger version

Name:	DDBD3D7E-2837-4F5A-999F-5491530F4C2E.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	763.3 KB
ID:	104455

Comment

Here is a more noticeable pic of length on another set of springs for comparison between old and new. From what I can tell one side sagged more on old springs because I was running one spacerClick image for larger version

Name:	E1B82F1D-5BC5-46EE-8133-DBBA5D46C88E.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	782.5 KB
ID:	104457

Comment

Hmm... I've always wondered about your last point re: asymmetrical sagging of the spring depending on asymmetry in number of spacers. I'm thinking maybe I'll add the second spacers on my bindings just because I'm OCD. Would like to hear any thoughts on how this asymmetry in spring sag affects the binding's performance if anybody has thoughts on the subject.

Comment

Hi Cesare I’d email 22 and get new springs. They just got their shipment in. I bet if you pull all the springs out now each one is different lengths. Mine were from running one spacer. If I have to end up adding spacers I have some washers that are half the depth as the stock spacers and plan on sticking one on each spring so it’s equal. Not sure how much the affect is of each spring is not equal length. It’s probably minor but my initial thoughts is the claw is harder to unlock with pole with just the one stock spacer on one spring. When I had my equal sized washers on each spring it was easier to unlock the claw with my pole for going into tour mode.

Comment

Thanks telenerd. I recently made a further mod to my boots, adding padding on the boot tongues and above the ankle on one of them. It makes them much less painful to flex and carpet testing with the Lynx, it feels like I will not have the problem with the stiff springs that I was having at the end of last season. It seems like the Rush cuffs I put on the TX Pros changed the flex distribution, which resulted in the tongue giving me such painful shin bang I couldn't tele on the Lynx. They were tolerable with the v1 springs. But with the padding now distributing the pressure over a larger area, I am hopeful I'll be fine. 22 Designs knows me well at this point so I'm sure if I ask for the springs, they will get them to me promptly.

I haven't actually skied the v2s with any spacers yet. But after a couple of days skiing them with no spacers I notice now that the springs have already taken somewhat of a set and they are noticeably loose with no spacers. Next time I pull them out of the storage locker, I am going to put the second spacer on each one and pray for snow. Looks like it will get a little colder here around November 1, bringing the snow level down to the elevation of Nakayama Pass. Daisetsuzan NP looked promising this week on a road trip to Kitami but it is still early.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_f05.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	610.0 KB ID:	104482
                                Last edited by cesare; 25 October 2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X