F1 F3 Defender for sale community watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 F3 Defender for sale community watch

I thought there was a thread for this but my search doesn't find it.

I'm on the look out for any of these in a 25.5 or 26 and come up with other sizes sometimes soI though it would help out others also looking to post here.

Defender size 44- https://www.geartrade.com/item/597365/scarpa-defender

Oof, that seller's scale confirms what my legs felt: Despite appearing to be made from the same molds as F3's, Defenders are not light. 1770g. I know the liner is more heavy duty -- as you would expect from a product designed for military use -- so perhaps that's the bulk of the difference. Still, won't see many Defenders competing in the Sellaronda.

F3's:

Size 25.0 https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/...111724687.html

Size 26.5 https://boulder.craigslist.org/spo/d...113330225.html

Size 26.5 https://nh.craigslist.org/spo/d/west...107636279.html

F1's:

Size 7.5/8 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1599944303491/
    Last edited by bobbytooslow; 21 May 2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

23.5 F1- https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCARPA-F1-A...sAAOSwOlBekRfr

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scarpa-F1-C...EAAOSwZUFdppsi

F1 Carbon - looks interesting! Says it's a 25 but shell size seems off

I take it the old F1's are the light more flexible AT boots, the F3s a little stiffer?

Comment

This got hashed out on a thread earlier this season, but F1 Carbons ran big. Scarpa spec'd it with an ultra thin liner in the same shell size as other F1's. I wear a 28.0 in every other Scarpa, but 28.0 F1 Carbons (310mm BSL) are huge on me, whereas 27.0 (301mm) fit perfectly. Scarpa should have adjusted down a shell size to maintain a consistent mondo size fit -- and some published charts make it appear that was their intention -- but for whatever reason when it came time to put the stickers on the boots, it didn't happen. So that 285mm BSL is probably marked 24.5/25.0, but it fits folks who usually wear 25.5/26.0.

Comment

Has anyone bought old F1 races or F3's from snowpatroller? The prices aren't bad, and the VAT savings probably covers shipping from Italy. Just curious if the site is reputable.

Edit: I see forum member paulzo did, but never posted about his experience. Maybe he can post here.
            Last edited by jtb; 21 May 2020, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtb View Post
              Has anyone bought old F1 races or F3's from snowpatroller?
              Yes, I have bought both. No complaints, everything went great with the purchase. Note that some people have found the F1 Races to fit a little more loosely than other Scarpa boots of the same size, though not necessarily a full size off like the F1 Carbon. The liner is thinner than the regular F1's, but not as thin as the F1 Carbon's.

Comment

Cool, that's good to know. I've considered getting F3's from them, but I can't justify more gear right now, especially since I barely used any this season.

I bought F1 carbons from Ceccosport back when they had some... looks like they're out now. Do you know if it's possible to find F1 race liners (or liners of a similar spec)? My carbons fit about a half size too big, and I find the liners to be uncomfortable. Regular liners have just a bit too much volume. Something about halfway between would be perfect, which I think is what the F1 race had.

Comment

I bought F1 race from snowpatroller, went fine. My impressions on fit are a little different than others. I primarily ski 27.0 TX Pro and 27.0 F1 Race now. The TXP fit me perfect out of the box and I never even thermomolded it. The F1R, I could barely get my foot in before I molded it. It fits quite well now but still not as comfy as the TXP. I think the F1R is a bit narrower is the issue. Others much more knowledgeable than I about Scarpa boots have told me that I'm wrong here, and that it's just not true that it's tighter, but that's what my feet felt.

Comment

I tried to buy F1 races from Snowpatroller. Waited a while, they did not show up. Contacted them again, they said they shipped them, must have gotten lost en route. Refunded my payment. Then when I tried to order a second pair, I could not get a response to my emails.

Still would like to find a pair. So, if anyone sees a pair of 29.5 or 30 F1 race or carbon for sale, I am interested.

Comment

I tried to buy the Facebook pair today but someone was quicker on the draw. If it was anyone from here and the size doesn’t work out can I be the first in line.

Comment

Originally posted by xmatt View Post
                        The F1R, I could barely get my foot in before I molded it. It fits quite well now but still not as comfy as the TXP. I think the F1R is a bit narrower is the issue. Others much more knowledgeable than I about Scarpa boots have told me that I'm wrong here, and that it's just not true that it's tighter, but that's what my feet felt.
                        Interesting! It's certainly possible that Scarpa spec'd them with different liners for different years.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytooslow View Post
                          BTS, thanks for the link and the community building. I scored (hopefully, they're in the mail...) these F1's plus a used set of OMG's mounted on Verdict's from the seller. Little hope of getting on these this season, but they should make next season awesome!

Originally posted by Turnfarmer View Post
                          I tried to buy the Facebook pair today but someone was quicker on the draw. If it was anyone from here and the size doesn’t work out can I be the first in line.
                          Turnerfarmer, that was me. I owe you one?
                          Last edited by mchin; 23 May 2020, 11:15 AM.
                          Originally posted by riser3
                          I heart filthy, stinky "hippies", although isn't mchin a Doctor or something like that? Hardly qualifies as a "hippie" IMHO...

Comment

It was hard for me to decipher if the facebook pair were 26.5/27 or 25.5/26. the boot sole length is 301.

My memory of F1 sizing is 25.5/26 is 295(293? with the moved back pin location)

So I kinda of think that pair is a 26.5/27.

I had a pair of 24.5/25 that were 285 and totally unworkable. So at 301 I was willing to experiment though.

Turnerfarmer, that was me. I owe you one?

Yes, if they don't fit, make me first in line.

Comment

if the BSL is 301 and they are F1's, that means they are 2007+ shell size UK8 shell mark, aka 26.5-27. pretty darn sure on that one. the BSL for pre 2007 in that size is 303.

if they are F1 races, the they are 2007+, but the size gets fuzzy. according to scarpa they are then still a UK8 shell, but size 28. "The F1 Race has a thinner liner to fit a full shell size smaller for maximum weight savings on race day". But as discussed here, it appears the shell has more volume than a their std UK 8 shell via thinner plastic, so the real shell size is probably a little bigger than the typical UK 8 scarpa shell, and with the same liner as the std F1 it might be more like 27-27.5? or not, who knows, it has also been speculated they did different things in different years with the F1R shell/liner thickness combos.

the 25.5/26, aka UK 7 shell mark, have a BSL of 292 for 2007+ and 295 for pre 2007. i don't believe there was a pre 2007 F1R

Comment

Working...
                              X