Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Bike thread (Mainly mountain but roadies welcome).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Bike thread (Mainly mountain but roadies welcome).

Welcome to the new bike season! Let's start it off with a game.....

Anybody ever seen one of these this large?

Click image for larger version

Name:	60850033337__3A4411F2-974E-453D-8152-26FEDDD94FC5.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	101788

Name:	60850034298__65F47BB8-9194-49A0-ADC7-7C34FCCB3272.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	742.5 KB
ID:	101789

Oh definitely, in Santa Cruz. Our office there has a huge machine shop, and they have allen wrenches up to like 2". Might not have been ball-end, though.

Comment

Is that a mushroom or a fossil? Or chewed up granola?

Comment

looks like a natural sea sponge. I used to bring much larger ones back from the Bahamas for my kayaks..

Comment

I'm not a professional photographer or anything but I think when you use an object in a picture for scale you choose an ordinary object the dimensions of which people are broadly aware. Not something you found in your sofa.

Comment

Bike shorts lint?

Comment

Looks like a chunk of Virus
              "Just say no to groomed snow"

Comment

Gravel season!

Attached Files

Comment

Grav...
                  Attached Files

Comment

The first pic is a ball of solidified Stan's Sealant that came out of a tire that had been sitting for a few years. The size of a medium orange!

Comment

Was riding road/dirt roads in March and one of our local DH trails this month. The beauty of the DH trail is it sits mostly on a steep ridge and the lower 1/2-2/3s is mostly snow free now and the dryness is/was rising. We got more snow overnight so later this week it will be messy but hopefully this weekend. If not, more roadie miles aren't too bad and NEVER hurt!! It opens to Moto May 1st and the shuttlers can't do it due to snow at the top for at least another month or 2. It is a bitchen turn your lungs inside out kinda climb too. We used to have to ourselves but now I see hella WA plated cars and more people out there. What is it with the WA folks driving 2 states away during these times?!?! Keep your *stuff to yourselves, stay where you are. The social-D is hard to keep with people trying to stop you and ask where they are. You aren't home is all I say</rant>

Comment

Grant...seriously interested in gravel bike to get off busy pavement. Seems like all the rage around here with miles of country roads. Just need a reasonable $$ bike. ??? Meanwhile, sticking very close to home, indoor spinning til things chill.

Hard-Rocking back in the day in the Wrangells.

Name:	IMG_1334 copy.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	5.09 MB
ID:	101813

Comment

Originally posted by jnicol View Post
                          The first pic is a ball of solidified Stan's Sealant that came out of a tire that had been sitting for a few years. The size of a medium orange!
                          AKA a Stanimal

Comment

Quad - what build did you get? Did you go full carbon?

Comment

Originally posted by Valdez Telehead View Post
                              Grant...seriously interested in gravel bike to get off busy pavement. Seems like all the rage around here with miles of country roads. Just need a reasonable $$ bike. ??? Meanwhile, sticking very close to home, indoor spinning til things chill.
                              Gravel bikes make the shoulder season until the MTB trails open bearable. I was lucky in that a friend who runs a tour company was selling some of his fleet and I just sort of fell into my Kona Sutra LTD for half price. It's probably not what I would have chosen had I shopped around (thick steel made for carrying gear) but I'm planning on doing some bikepacking this summer so it will be great for that.

Some others that I considered at reasonable pricing included the Cannondale Topstone, Salsa Journeyman, and the Jamis Renegade Expoit (steel). Of course it all depends on the component level you choose.

Comment

Working...
                              X